Hello, I’m still trying to upgrade my website and I should have a bit more time now because as it says above, I don’t have anymore work and I’m gonna explain why now.
Since a month I used to work for the cucumber’s place in the same area of the blueberries farm because they belong to the same family. Everything was fine until the day I came back to work and nobody was there. Because I used to be the firt one each morning and the rain came, I started working. This was a mistake. Then I texted Paul when the job was done but he didn’t expect me to work. But he didn’t tell me to not work as well and the previous day we started a job that we did not finished so I had no reason to think this was a day off.
After this event Paul did not contact me anymore so the next day I came up to the farm and ask to the blueberry manager if I could work. They had something for me and they enjoy my job rapidly because, as every time, I was doing my best.
A day later and during last week, we worked on a new block which consisted to plant a whole set of new blue berries trees. Jack kept asking me if I was going to work again with Paul at the cucumber place but I had not any news. He threw me away without saying anything so now I’ve got a job and I’m going to keep it.
Then, yesterday, suddenly, Paul came back to me with a text :
- “We are working tomorrow. Start at 6:30 am. See you at the shed”.
What!? Now I have two jobs in the same time but I don’t want to leave one just because somebody else call me after a silent week. So I called Jack to explain my problem and he told me that he counted on me for tuesday at least. Then I text Paul back :
- “I can work tomorrow but not on Tuesday. Jack count on me and I don’t want to quit like this because you call me back suddenly. He also promised me work for the next month. I could work for you some days when I can, if you need and you want”.
Few minutes later, I received a message again
- Paul : “I have just spoken with Jack. there is no longer any work for you. You do not need to turn up to our farm anymore”.
- Me : Now I can see clearly that I respect people when you are not. But you are right, we are ONLY backpackers. I’m wondering who is rude now… (referring to a day when he told me that French was rude when they talk).
- Paul : I’m happy you understand this time (I like the “this time”). Thank you for your time.
And that’s it, just because he didn’t like the way I acted (I wanted to work), Paul locked me out of the farm. Unfortunately his parents (the real blueberries boss) wasn’t here so they could not judge. But I know they liked my job. Anyway, I’m in holiday again and new projects are coming up. John, my dear friend, tried to put me in a web project so I might stay in Woolgoolga for few more days or weeks.